Zugba Grill: Olongapo's Ihaw-Ihaw

Olongapo, Zambales, Philippines


Zugba Grill Olongapo City
Zugba Grill's Variety of Seafood and Meat

This is a weird story. Well, the reason to have dinner out was on Thursday afternoon, just when the sun was going down and darkness set in. There was a real cloud of flying termites in our house. Hundreds of them were attracted by the lights and despite the screens in front of the windows, they found a way to come in. They also flew into my ears and eyes and I am here to tell you: It is NO fun. That is why I asked my friends to eat outside so I could escape the house while leaving in the dark. They opted to go to a restaurant named Zugba. Never ever had I heard of the place and I was very surprised to find out that I passed it already so many times on my way to the market.


Zugba Grill - Kamayan in Olongapo


Zugba is located in the heart of Olongapo City in a narrow street and serves mainly seafood although chicken and meat are also available. There is a small indoor-restaurant and a bigger space outside where we got a nice table. At first, I was surprised to see many waiters but during dinner, I found out they were all needed.

Zugba Grill Olongapo City
Delicious Stuffed Grilled Squid and Garlic Butter Shrimp

My friend had Sinigang na Blue Marlin, Len had an eye for Grilled Stuffed Squid and I could not resist the Garlic Butter Shrimp. When asked if I could drink 1 liter of beer I jokingly said "But of course I can" not knowing that San Miguel Light also comes in 1 liter of bottles. No worries, we shared. It is really too bad that I have to mention the Sinigang was too watery, too soupy with fewer vegetables. How contrasting with the squid and shrimp! They really were excellent. In fact, the Buttered Garlic Shrimp was consumed by the three of us and I simply had to order the same dish again to be shared.

Zugba Grill Pork Barbeque
Tasty Pork Barbeque

Zugba Grill Fish Singing
Sinigang na Blue Marlin - Super Soupy lol

Blue Marlin in Tamarind Soup
Sinigang na Blue Marlin with few vegetables

The biggest surprise came with the bill. I could not believe it. I bet I would have to pay double the amount were we in Subic. Never before I wrote this but believe me when I say that I wholeheartedly can recommend this place.

Zugba Grill Map


When visiting Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Zugba Grill is roughly two kilometers from the main gate.



Zugba Grill Menu



Zugba Grill Olongapo Menu
There are lots of menus to choose from

Zugba Grill Unlimited Menu
Zugba Unlimited

Zugba Grill opens daily at 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM. (Check their Facebook page here).


6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hindi lahat masarap sir Abner. Sulit lang yong unlimited nila. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Ask ko lang po kung malalaki po ang crabs and shrimp nila na unlimited. We are planning to dine there one of these days. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geraldine, Opo malalaki po pwera sa second or third or fourth servings. Lumiliit haha!

      Delete
  3. Mahirap naman po diyan magpa reserve. Pangit customer service nila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May katotohanan po. Nag try po kami kumontak sa facebook nila even sa phone - mahirap nga.

      Delete

We appreciate your comments.