Daddy Ed's Restaurant - Olongapo City

Olongapo, Zambales, Philippines

After a hectic day, my friend suggested that we would not cook this evening but go out for dinner instead. Always wondering where he will take me I was a bit surprised when we stopped at Daddy Ed’s place. The restaurant is located at the side of Olongapo Floodgate at East Bajac Bajac. Years ago it was situated at Subic Bay Freeport Zone and I guess the new location is better. Not too many people walking around and the sight of the river and the houses on the other side is pretty cool.
Upon entering the restaurant I noticed we would be the only guests and I remembered the first time we went there it was exactly the same. Coming from the road you enter a big garden first before approaching the restaurant. Frankly, it looks more like a huge canteen. In the middle, there’s a big space, separated by glass walls and my guess is that this can be used for conferences or private parties. We took seats in the far right corner. My friend picked the Sinigang Hipon (Shrimps in sour tamarind sauce) and I had eyes for the Ampalaya Bitter gourd with beef. I must say that it tasted very good, not bitter at all. My friend said his dish was acceptable but the Sinigang na Beef he ordered before was much better. 
Daddy Eds Restaurant
Daddy Eds Restaurant's Entrance
Daddy Ed's Restaurant
Not so enticing
Daddy Eds Restaurant
Inside Daddy Eds


Daddy Ed’s serves good food for affordable prices


If this is all you are looking for and you do not mind about a less cozy atmosphere I can definitely recommend it.  Oh, by the way, they have WiFi but the servers told us that their Boss has the password but he wasn't around that night.  How funny isn't it?


shared by: fransvanliempt

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments.