Curry Leaf Indian Cuisine - Barretto, Olongapo City

Barretto, Olongapo, Zambales, Philippines


Our good friends mentioned this hotel that started an Indian restaurant and always willing to try something new we decided to give it a go.

Curry Leaf Indian Restaurant Subic Bay
Curry Leaf Restaurant Shawarma

Curry Leaf's Restaurant at Hotel Bella Monte


First, we followed the sign leading us to the left direction. Some way going underneath the hotel lead us to a courtyard. All we could see was bags of cement, windows with the blinds down but no sign telling us where to go. We went back to the main road where my friend saw another sign that brought us straight into the restaurant in the lobby of the Hotel Bella Monte. The lady behind the tiny corner told us we were at the right place but asked if we could kindly wait for about an hour. The kitchen ran out of gas and the new tank was to be delivered later. since we had to wait for our two more friends anyway, that was not a problem. But, a restaurant that runs out of gas sounded odd.

Curry Leaf Indian Restaurant Subic
Curry Leaf's Misleading Sign

Curry Leaf Restaurant Olongapo
Curry Leaf Restaurant
We went to the garden of the hotel and although it was somewhat rundown we could see it has great possibilities. A huge sign said that a new swimming pool would be coming soon. After we got back in the restaurant we saw some guys carrying a huge tank inside. Still waiting for our friends but hungry we ordered already Chicken Shawarma. Paul and I wanted it with cheese, Willie ordered regular. After a few minutes, the waitress came to tell us that the cheese was out of stock. Slightly annoyed I looked at her and said: "Then make it regular". After a while, the Shawarma was served cold!

Mutton Masala of Curry Leaf Indian Cuisine
Mutton Masala

Mutton Curry Subic Bay
It's hard to see the difference but this is Mutton Curry

Curry Leaf Indian Cuisine Buttered Chicken
Indian Buttered Chicken

Curry Leaf Indian Cuisine Recipe
Chicken Curry

Chicken Tikka Masala in Olongapo City
Chicken Tikka Masala
Our two lady friends arrived so we could start picking from the menu. Goat Masala was Willie's choice while Paul preferred Goat Curry. The ladies felt like chicken so one was to become Indian Butterred Chicken and her sister dear picked Chicken Curry. I had my eyes on Shrimp Curry. But I got a slap on my fingers again. "Sorry Sir, Shrimp is not available". I looked a deep breath and decided to have the Chicken Masala then. Willie told the waitress to make my dish NOT too spicy.

Indian Basmati Rice
Their Basmati Rice was nice and perfectly cooked!
We had a nice conversation, smoked a cigarette in the garden. When the food was served it all looked nice. However, after my first bite, I got hiccups, my eyes became wet and I was gasping for breath. Fortunately, I had my good old friend San Miguel Beer on the table. I managed to have a few more tiny bits of the chicken before I told Manong I really could not go on because it was way too spicy for me. He tried some too. We looked at him and then his comment came: "Would you guys believe this? I told them NOT too spicy and this one is the spiciest of all!"

The other chicken dishes were both acceptable while the goat was a "thumbs up". The cook later came to apologize for my meal. On his note, it read, "Chicken Masala Very Spicy".

Curry Leaf Indian Cuisine Menu


Sharing you the restaurant's menu below.

Indian Restaurant in Olongapo
Appetizers and Salads Menu

Indian Restaurant Menu Subic
Seafood and Goat Group

Indian Restaurant Menu in Subic Bay
Bread for breakfast...

Curry Leaf Olongapo City Menu
Chicken and Rice Specialties

Curry Leaf Menu Olongapo
Refreshments

Curry Leaf Authentic Indian Cusine Restaurant is located in Hotel Bella Monte at No. 15 Del Pilar Street, Barrio Barretto, Olongapo City. They are open daily from 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM.


2 comments

  1. Delicious Foods and Beautiful Place ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was worth the wait naman but the place needs improvement. :)

      Delete

We appreciate your comments.